Registering to vote is easy and convenient! The following requirements must be met in order to register:
- You must be a U.S. Citizen and a Kentucky resident for a minimum of 28 days.
- You must be 18 years of age by the date of the next general election (usually the first Tuesday in November).
- You are eligible to vote in the May primary election if you will be 18 by the November general election.
- You must have not been convicted of a felony. If you have been convicted of a felony, your civil rights must have been restored in order to be eligible to vote.
- You must not have been judged mentally incompetent in a court of law.
- You must not claim the right to vote anywhere outside of Kentucky.
If you are able to meet the above requirements, you may register to vote by completing a voter registration card and submitting it to the County Clerk’s office. If you prefer, A FORM CAN BE MAILED TO YOU (by requesting it), you can download a form from this web site, or you may pick up a form at the County Clerk’s office.