2020 Primary Election Update
May 6, 2020
Today, the Rowan County Board of Elections met to discuss the upcoming June 23, 2020 Election. Based on the Executive Order set forth from Governor Andy Beshear and Sec. Michael Adams, a postcard will be mailed to you by May 22.
This is how the Primary Election will be conducted in Rowan County:
- Highly Recommend Absentee Voting by mail to all Voters
- Absentee in-person voting will begin June 8th, Monday – Friday 8am – 4pm, at the City Park Building (Peggy’s Place) 100 C B Cornette Drive, Morehead, KY 40351 *NOTE* This will be the only in-person voting for Rowan County.
- Voting on Election Day, June 23, 2020, from 6:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. at City Park Building (Peggy’s Place) 100 C B Cornette Drive, Morehead, KY 40351
- If you request an absentee ballot, you have the option to either return it by mail or there will be a SECURED drop-box at the Rowan County Courthouse
- All ballots MUST BE postmarked by June 23, 2020, unless dropped in the Rowan County Courthouse drop box on or before June 23, 2020, Primary election day
- Requesting a ballot to be mailed will be handled by calling 606-784-5212 or emailed directly at [email protected] or [email protected] UNTIL the State Board of Elections has the secured ballot request portal ready, then you will be directed to request a ballot there. Last day to request a ballot is June 15, 2020.
Things to consider: If you utilize in-person voting at the polling location at the Rowan County Courthouse you will be asked to wear masks, have your driver’s license out, and ready to present to the Rowan County Clerk’s office, Clerk or staff.
We recognize this is a new and unfamiliar way to vote. These regulations and these changes are for this June 23, 2020, Primary ONLY.
If you have any questions, please call the Rowan County Voter Registration Department at 606-784-5212.